We understand that your privacy is extremely important to you. As a result we have put in place a number of measures to ensure that any personal data we obtain from you visiting this website is processed and maintained in accordance with accepted principles of good information handling and also in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998. This statement provides you with details of the type of information we may hold about you, how we obtain and use any information and how we protect your privacy.
- Obtaining information
- You are free to browse the website www.motorkitty.com (the “website”) without providing any personal information.
- We may as a result of your interaction with the Website store and process your information on our computers, hard copy records and electronic media.
- If however you e-mail a question to ‘Contact us!’ or complete the ‘No Obligation Quotation’ then it will be necessary for us to collect information about you in order to e-mail a reply or, respond to you.
- The information that we usually collect is as follows:
- Directly from you, via our online application form, and subsequent communications personal information such as:
2. E-mail address
3. Home address and residential status
4. Telephone numbers if provided
5. Date of birth
6. Employment and income details
7. Bank account details
8. National Insurance number
9. Details of when you contact us and when we contact you
10. Details of how you applied for the loan (for example which browser you applied with)
11. Any other information you choose to provide to us
- From what you do on our site: can show us for example which elements of the website you use most and least. (see also the “Cookies” section below)
- Use of collected information
- The information we collect about you will be recorded electronically and may be used in the following ways:
- To verify your identity and credit standing and to enable us to consider and process your application for a loan or other products or services.
- To assess your credit history and confirm your employment details.
- To detect, prevent and investigate actual and potential fraud and related activities
- To collect unpaid loans and debt that may be owed by you to us.
- To develop, manage and market products and services to meet your needs, to contact you for products and services that may be of interest, to determine your eligibility for different products and services that you may be interested in.
- To help us to administer and service your account with us.
- To contact you in connection with your enquiry.
- To extract certain information for the purpose of generating statistics for our own internal purposes (including credit and/or behaviour scoring, and market and product analysis).
- To update our website to better meet our clients’ needs in the future.
- Sharing your information with third parties
- Sometimes (and with your approval where required), we’ll share your information with carefully selected third parties outside our group. We may do this for the following reasons:
- To provide you with a loan.
- To our agents, staff and approved third parties to carry out services for us. To facilitate the processing and collection of payments due from you under the loan agreement, we may also share your personal data with third party payment processing service providers. If you provide us with any debit card details we may keep those details, but will only ever take card payments on your specific authorisation.
- To provide you with information about special promotions and offers.
- To protect us or others, we may share your information with third parties when we believe it is necessary to comply with the law or protect our or another person’s rights, property, or safety. This includes exchanging information with third parties (such as other lenders, law enforcement agencies and regulatory authorities) to protect against fraud and reduce risks.
- If there is (or is to be) any change in ownership of our business or assets then we may wish to share your information so that the new (prospective) owners may continue to operate our business effectively and continue to provide services to our customers. This may include new shareholders or any organisation that might take an assignment or transfer of any agreements we have entered into with our customers.
- We will place appropriate obligations and restrictions on third parties to protect your details.
- Specialist agencies
- We may use fraud prevention and other specialist agencies to help us make decisions.
- We will make checks such as assessing this application for credit and verifying identities to prevent and detect crime and money laundering, in order to refresh our records and manage your account with us, including whether to make credit available or to continue or extend existing credit, focus the relevance of the marketing communications that we send to you, and/or ensure that we comply with our obligations regarding responsible lending.
- If you give us false or inaccurate information and we suspect or identify fraud we will record this and may also pass this information to FPAs and other organisations involved in crime and fraud prevention. Law enforcement agencies (such as the police, HMRC and other regulatory bodies) may access and use this information. We and other organisations may also access and use this information to prevent fraud and money laundering, for example, when:
- Checking details on applications for credit and credit related or other facilities;
- Managing credit and credit related accounts or facilities;
- Recovering debt;
- Checking details on proposals and claims for all types of insurance;
- Checking details of job applicants and employees.
- If you have borrowed from us and do not make payments that you owe us, we will trace your whereabouts and recover debts.
- We and other organisations may access and use from other countries the information recorded by fraud prevention agencies.
- Your data may also be used for other purposes for which you give your specific permission or, in very limited circumstances, when required by law or where permitted under the terms of the Data Protection Act 1998.
- Methods of contact
- Unless you have advised us to the contrary we may contact you by telephone, SMS, post, e-mail, fax or automated message.
- How long do we keep your information?
- How long we keep your information for depends on the basis on which it was provided, generally however:
- We will keep the information that is necessary to enable us to provide you with a service that you have requested through this website for as long as it takes us to provide that service.
- If you have asked that we do not use your details for marketing purposes, we may still need to keep them to ensure our systems reflect your preferences.
- We will generally keep records of any transactions you enter into on this website for a minimum of six years from the end of the relationship. This is so that we can respond to any complaints or disputes that arise in that period. Otherwise we will keep the information where appropriate for legitimate business needs.
- We will keep other information about you if it is necessary for us to do so to comply with the law, or where appropriate for legitimate business needs.
- Keeping you informed
- From time to time we would like to contact you by SMS, post, email, telephone or automated message, with offers relating to products of ours which we think you might be interested in.
- We may also wish to share some of your information (including all the contact details that we hold for you) with trusted third parties so that they can also provide you with information (using the same methods to contact you) about products and services that might be of interest to you. Other intermediaries and lenders will have their own privacy policies. Please refer to them.
- Accessing personal information we hold about you
- Subject to certain exceptions, you have the right of access to your personal records and information that we hold about you, upon written request and payment of a charge of up to £10.
- Update your details/preferences
- If any data or information we hold about you is inaccurate or out of date then please let us know and this will be corrected where appropriate.
- To revise your marketing contact preferences, or to access, correct or amend your records you should contact us at email@example.com.
- Security and confidentiality
- Appreciating that both privacy and security of your information is of the utmost importance, we have implemented technology and security policies, rules and measures to protect the personal information we hold about you.
- We endeavour to take all reasonable steps to protect your personal information. However, please be aware that there are inherent security risks of providing information and dealing online over the internet and we cannot therefore guarantee the security of any data disclosed online. We ask that you do not provide us with any sensitive personal information online unless we specifically ask for this.
- Links to other sites
- This website may from time to time include links to other sites. We make every effort to provide links to high quality, reputable sites but we’re not responsible for their privacy practices or, site content, or the services they offer. Please always check the privacy policies of any linked sites.
- Sensitive information
- Information about you which is considered sensitive information under the Data Protection Act 1998, includes information about your medical or health conditions, racial or ethnic origin, political opinions or trade union membership, religious or philosophical beliefs and sexual orientation, and suspected or proven criminal activity and related proceedings. If we need to process sensitive personal data, you will be notified of such processing and asked to specifically agree to the use of such information as appropriate.
- Telephone calls
- If you call any of the telephone numbers quoted on this website, in our literature or in correspondence, we may record your call. These recordings are used for training, regulatory and quality control purposes to ensure that we continuously monitor and improve our customer service standards.
- This policy only applies to personal information collected or obtained by Motorkitty.
- Contact our Data Protection Officer